Welcome to Fitness Food Breakdown: Good Food Recipes For Healthy People
The Fitness Food Breakdown series discovers and delivers the best recipes for dishes, meals and snacks that are fit for individuals pursuing a healthy lifestyle. Oh, and to satisfy all appetites, the series also shares indulgent recipes for the occasional treat.
To help those who love linking their food programs and fitness programs, the Fitness Food Breakdown series will feature recipes that produce beautiful results — food that looks good, tastes good, and does your body good.
Creamy Smooth Lemon-Herb Dip
This recipe is for someone who likes to dip. Maybe their preferred workout taking a dip in a pool? Gliding your fave veggies or crackers through this creamy dip is like an Olympic swimmer gliding through water. But, whether you like diving in the deep end or dipping your dance partner, be careful about “double-dipping” in this delicious concoction.
This recipe yields about 2 1/4 cups
1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
2 teaspoon minced garlic
1 large shallot, minced (1/4 cup)
2 14-oz. cans hearts of palm, drained, rinsed and chopped
2 teaspoons lemon zest
2 teaspoons lemon juice
1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
3 tablespoons thinly sliced fresh basil
1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
1/2 teaspoon raw honey
Salt and pepper
1. Place 1/4 cup oil, garlic, and shallot in a skillet; turn on medium-low heat.
2. When mixture sizzles, wait 30 seconds, then transfer to a food processor.
3. Add remaining ingredients except salt and pepper; blend until smooth.
4. Season with salt and pepper. Taste and add more lemon juice and/or honey, if desired.
5. Drizzle with oil just before serving. Serve right away, or cover and refrigerate.
Feel free to submit ideas for new installments of Fitness Food Breakdown, sharing recipes that allow health-conscious people to entwine and enjoy their eating programs and exercise programs. As always, eat well.